Chocolate Covered Strawberries
Here in Massachusetts, June is strawberry season. There is no better time to enjoy this delicious fruit than during the short season when they can be found fresh from a local farm or picked straight from the garden. While it can be tempting to eat ripe strawberries before they make it to the kitchen, we have a recipe that is truly worth the wait. If there’s one thing more delicious than a fresh strawberry, it’s a chocolate covered strawberry!
These chocolate covered strawberries make use of American Heritage Historic Chocolate to bring irresistible new flavors to a classic treat. The rich, spicy chocolate is the perfect balance to tart, juicy strawberries. Pick up some fresh strawberries from your local farmer’s market and treat yourself to this summery chocolate dessert this weekend. A batch can be made up in less than an hour and one cup of American Heritage Historic Chocolate Drink Mix will cover about 20 medium strawberries.
- 1 cup American Heritage Historic Chocolate Drink Mix
- 1 pound fresh strawberries
- Rinse strawberries and dry thoroughly. If strawberries have been stored in the refrigerator, allow them to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes – 1 hour.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler or microwave.
To use a double boiler, stir chocolate continuously until fully melted and smooth.
To use a microwave, work in smaller batches to ensure a continuous supply of fully melted chocolate. Split the chocolate drink mix into 2-3 portions and heat half of one portion until it is melted, about 1-2 minutes. Stir until it is smooth, and then stir in the remaining half of the chocolate until it is fully melted. Repeat with each portion when needed.
- Holding a strawberry by the stem, dip into melted chocolate and gently rotate to make sure all side are covered evenly. Remove from chocolate and allow any excess to drip off. Place chocolate covered strawberry on a wax paper lined baking sheet. Repeat with each strawberry.
- Place strawberries in refrigerator until chocolate is fully hardened. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve. Enjoy!